By Mitchell B. Lerner
- Explores the legacy of Johnson and the ancient importance of his years as president
- Covers the complete diversity of issues, from the social and civil rights reforms of the good Society to the elevated American involvement in Vietnam
- Incorporates the dramatic new facts that has come to mild throughout the unencumber of round 8,000 cellphone conversations and conferences that Johnson secretly recorded as President
Read Online or Download A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best government books
The knowledge of time period limits politics has been debated because the time of Aristotle, spurring 'reforms' of legislatures in Athens, Rome, Venice, and within the US below the Articles of Confederation. This publication examines contemporary tendencies in American states to be able to examine the age-old query of the way the principles that govern a legislature impact the habit of its participants and the rules that it produces.
Calling for elevated civic engagement, this ebook makes a compelling case for reforms that may democratize American elections and supply extra energy to the people.
This research assesses Moscow's exact bilateral kinfolk with Cyprus because the mid-1950s, with specific emphasis at the post-Cold warfare years. Melakopides develops the speculation of 'pragmatic idealism' whilst describing the way Moscow's Cyprus guidelines have been intended to meet not just mutual pursuits but in addition overseas felony and moral rules and norms.
My booklet is ready the long run, and the readers I desire to allure are the more youthful generations, in particular these humans drawn to liberal, innovative and socialistic beliefs. The younger are inclined to reject capitalism simply because anti-capitalism is all they’ve been taught. hence, they think that company is within the company of constructing funds and never supporting the negative or the surroundings.
- Freedom Betrayed: Herbert Hoover's Secret History of the Second World War and Its Aftermath
- Occupy the Economy: Challenging Capitalism (City Lights Open Media)
- Vaults, Mirrors, and Masks: Rediscovering U.S. Counterintelligence
- The House at Work
- The American Presidency For Beginners
- Public Finance and Public Choice: Two Contrasting Visions of the State (CESifo Seminar Series)
Extra info for A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Mitchell B. Lerner